You already know saving the planet is the right thing to do. But did you know you can make an impact on the environment while you are working? Making an office “green-er” isn’t a hard. Here are a couple of ideas to get you started today.
- Keep your own utensils on hand.
- Bring your own lunch.
- Reduce electricity by being mindful of unnecessary lights that remain on.
- Don’t print everything.
- Set printer settings to use both sides of the paper.
- Buy a plant for your desk.
- Consider commuting, walking, biking or taking public transportation to work.
- If you purchase office supplies, buy remanufactured ink and toners.
- Bring your lunch to work.
- Set up or suggest setting up recycling bins.
- Talk to others about your environmentally friendly initiatives.
- Power down and unplug your computer when possible.
Which items can you start doing today? Get your team on board and run these ideas past them. With everyone’s help the earth can be a greener place thanks to you.